Thursday, October 2, 2014

Light of My Steps




Having a GPS system for your car helps you find your destination with ease and clarity. Admittedly, I wish there was a GPS device for my life; a gadget I could purchase at my local Best Buy retail store to help me find my way in life. Wouldn’t it be helpful to know which path in life is the easiest, fastest, and safest way? Let me give you a clear answer to that question; the answer is yes-and-no. What? You don’t think a yes-and-no answer is clear enough? Well, let me try to clear that up.
Yes, we have God, who is always with us. Always. God knows the best for us and if we turn to God for help, HE will always help us and show us the way. God has ways that are above our ways, and HE knows how to open doors, shut doors, and move us in ways that let us know that HE is our GPS.
No, God is not going to make every single decision for us because HE has given us free will. Just because God has given you some form of direction, doesn’t mean a human can’t reject it. It can be fear, insecurities, bad habits, or wrong intentions that cause us to go down the wrong road or maybe it’s not the wrong road, just an unnecessary detour.
Remember that you can always fall back into yes. The yes answer is always at your beck and call; God will always be there to help you.
The third answer…wait, I know what you’re thinking, there’s a third answer??? The third answer is trust.  
Trust is an important component in your journey. When you don’t know what to do, where to go, where you belong, you have to trust that you will be led. The old saying, “step out in faith”, is true! Stepping out and giving something a try is a way for you to know if you’re headed down the right path. If it works it works, if it doesn’t it doesn’t…and the only way to know is if you try.
Taking a step of faith means that you maybe placing your steps in the dark; and I understand that nobody wants to be left in the dark, especially when it comes to their life. When you step out in the dark, you’re trusting God, knowing that HE has the light, the glowing canister that never burns out, that sees every path, and every footprint. So trust and ask God to shine a light of my steps into the path that is HIS will.

No comments:

Post a Comment