Wednesday, March 25, 2015

So Close




Close but so far; this was a once perception of how I viewed God. It once felt like God was close but at the same time HE was so far in the distance. I say, it once felt, because the longing to feel close to God when feeling HE was so far away is past tense.
Through enough experience with God and with the journey of wanting to grow in my relationship with God, I have come to realize that God is always right here, always right now; as my late grandmother would say, “you’ve graduated.” Yes, I’ve come up a little higher and understand that God is my best friend who will never leave me; this truth is for you too.
We may not always have a sign, a feeling, or an enlightened experience to know that God is here, but HE is. God is here when we call out to HIM and HE is here when we are in a mindless state of distraction. The bible even talks about God watching over you when you sleep. Every moment from every breath, your God is watching over you. Keep growing with God…you’re so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment