Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Get Ready........Get Set........Go!


“I gotta go! I’ll talk to ya later.” Sound familiar? GO! GO! GO! Our generation is so fast pace. It seems as if we are always doing something or going somewhere. Who do we thank for this crazed fast pace world? Sorry to tell you this, but it’s you and me.
Uh oh…you mean you and I are to thank?!?! So, I can’t blame the problem on those technology gurus, like the guys that created the Internet, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter or Cell Phones?!?! No! Can I at least blame ad agencies or high powered executives that are always flashing some new fancy gadget in my face, to the point where I run to get it, because I feel I like I can’t live without it?!?! No! Should I stop with the questions and explain?!?! Sure!
We all need to take responsibility for our schedule. There are some things we have to do in life (for example, work or school). Then there are things that we choose to do (for example, parties or joining clubs/social networks). Your life should feel balanced and calm. You should feel like you are benefiting from your activities, not drained and exhausted. You have the power and ability to choose how you spend your time. However your schedule looks, the best way to spend your time is in peace.
Have you ever rushed through your day, bouncing from one appointment to the next waiting for one thing to be over so you can hurry to the next thing, only to rush through that as well? I have. It’s no way to spend the day, because all we have is this very moment. Pause right now and look around. You’re breathing, you’re safe, you’re protected, you’re clothed, fed, and sheltered. There are no worries as you read this…so just be; be in the moment.
Remember, a busy life does not necessarily mean you have an important life; busy could just mean busy. Choose activities with good intentions. Move slowly and thoughtfully through your day. Be at peace. Be still. Rest. God’s stillness is in every breath.
As you practice just being, you’ll notice how calm life can be in every moment. In the stillness of your mind, know that God is with you. This takes time, but it is worth every effort. When you are calm and present you’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish, because you’re really connected to whatever it is you’re doing in that very moment.
Are you ready for this new found peace that was always there to start with? Good, because I gotta go.
 But first, let’s practice some peace.  Yes, peace takes practice and the best time to start is now, in the moment- Get ready…Get set…GO!
~Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment