Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thank You


Manners are important. It would be nice to hear a few more please and thank you in our world today. We can get so caught up in our schedule, that we don’t take a moment to appreciate what is really going on in our lives. We can focus way too much on what is going wrong than what’s going right in our lives. It’s important to focus on the beauty in life. What you focus on grows.

It’s impossible to have a negative and a positive thought at the same time, so if you are in a negative slump, turn it around with some positive thoughts and praise. Yes, praise! Praise is a form of gratitude. It’s not to say that you ignore problems; no, problems are very real and if you are facing something challenging, then work on your challenge head on so you become an over comer. You are an over comer, and you will get there much faster if you focus on the positive and learn how to say thank you for the lesson learned in the challenge.

Can you list at least three things to be thankful for? Sure you can! In fact, you can pause reading this right now, and list three things you are thankful for…I’ll be here when you’re done.

Welcome back! Let’s proceed.

Recently, I was on a road trip. The road brought nervousness because I wanted to travel safely. I was nervous about the road conditions, the weather, arriving on time, and with the new daylight savings, I wanted to return home before it got dark. The first call of duty was to pray for a safe trip. The second call of duty was to continue to thank the Lord for helping me…and this was being done as I was behind the wheel. The hand of our Lord was felt that whole day. The trip was successful and I know who gets the credit too. I was very thankful for having the Lord guide me that day, and I let HIM know I was thankful by simply saying thank you.

Learn to appreciate all the things the Lord helps you with, even if it’s with a road trip. We all like to feel appreciated, and I ponder the fact that our Lord probably wants to feel appreciated too…HE does so much for us…so let’s give thanks!

If you are thankful for something, I would love for you to leave a comment in the comment box below. Share a gratitude moment with me…share your praise…you might inspire someone to think about gratitude…and that would be much appreciated, thank you!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment