Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Life Happened

 
A regular Reader of Renewed Corner could tell you, no posts were made for about a month. Why no posts for such a long time? The answer is life. Life happened.
 
During my educational chapters of life, a few assignments were given where the students had to present there long term goals; Where do you see yourself in five years?
 
Not only do teachers want to know what you have planned and mapped out for the next five years, but potential bosses are interested too…why else would that be such a standard interview question, right?
 
Even though I’ve had to answer my future goal questions, I’d prefer not to answer or explain my five year goal plan.
 
People say that life is a journey; which is totally true. But, one day, I heard someone use the term voyage and my mind screamed with an internal…YES! Life is a voyage.
 
 You can do your best to plan and prepare for a voyage, but the best part of a voyage is not knowing all the exciting turns, stops, ports, or people you’ll encounter. If you plan and calculate every step of your voyage, you run the risk missing out on what life wants you to see and experience.
 
It’s great to plan and to have direction, but you have to let life happen too. If you plan to make a left turn in life, and life makes you turn right, then turn right without questions.
 
What are my goals for the next five years? I don’t know. I’m open to life and God to know that I will be guided in a path that I’m meant to walk.
 
I did not expect to leave Renewed Corner post-less for so long…but then again, life happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment