Saturday, April 9, 2011

Waiting for Print

Question from yesterday:
What are you believing for?

Maybe it’s the time period in which we live in, but when I’m believing for something to happen, I want it to happen…now!
It feels as if God dangles the pretty carrot in front of me…as I parade around waiting for my good behavior to be rewarded. Have you ever felt this way?
The combination of wanting things to happen now while forced to perform the waiting dance, becomes draining. Is this draining feeling God’s problem? No. It’s my problem. I’m the one who is supposed to be trusting.
If I’m believing for something to happen, for God to come through for me, then I have to go to HIM, give HIM my petitions, and start believing HE is working behind the scenes.
The demand is to want it now; that demand really isn’t us, it’s our ego. We want what we want when we want it. Right? I don’t believe this is how God works. Our ego drains us, not God.
God is a good God. Believe and know that God wants the very best for you. Best laid plans have blue prints, and there must be an organized pecking order to execute that plan; things need to be done before we see our desires fulfilled… if not, what chaos!
God has the master blue print. It’s usually in the waiting time that we see growth in ourselves. We can certainly develop patience in these times. We can develop a deeper truer since of faith and belief during our waiting time. Waiting for something can cause much more appreciation once you receive it, then if it was easily given or handed to you.
God comes through. Keep praying. Keep asking. Remind God of HIS promises. Find scriptures that fall in line with what you are believing for. If God is making you wait…realize the wait comes with purpose. Don’t give up, because with God, things can only get better!
Don’t feel blue…
God has the blue print…
Designed just for you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing with us all a full week of blog entries packed with spiritual power. Happy Sunday...Happy new week! Bless you Elle.

    ReplyDelete