Monday, May 9, 2011

Always There

There are not many constants in life; Does death and taxes spring to mind? Death and taxes may be a joke wearing a smile because of its truth, but think about what is truly always present… always constant… always there.
I am always there. Everywhere I go…there I am. I don’t mind doing things alone; never have. I enjoy being alone…maybe a little too much. I gain the most personal growth when I am alone. On the other hand, I have known people who shrink in fear at the thought of doing something alone….a tag-along buddy must always be there. Is one scenario better than the other? No, but there should be balance. Knowing how to be independent and when to have healthy companionship are both important.  Whatever your comfort level is, know that God is always there. Always.
So what is constant?
God is a constant.
God is always there to talk to. You can talk to God about anything: help, guidance, protection, concerns or gratitude.
God’s love is another constant.
No matter what are mistakes are, the foolishness we’ve caused, the bad choices or behavior we’ve displayed, God’s love doesn’t change. God is in a constant state of love and loving you. God already knows the shenanigans we are going to get into, and HE chooses us and loves us. God’s arms are always stretched out towards us. Always.
 It is not good to rely on things, people, or circumstances for happiness or worth, because they change.
I may always be with myself, but I am constantly trying to improve and evolve. I’m changing. I can say with certainty that I am not the same person I was five or ten years ago. I’m sure you can say the same thing about yourself. That buddy that is always with you may suddenly not be a buddy, move, or not have time to always be a tag along. Relationships evolve and change. It’s only healthy to find your happiness, security, and worthiness in the constant force that never changes: God. Belonging to God is what gives you your worth, value, and importance.

The world is always moving forward. In the middle of change, find stability in our never-changing, ever-loving God, who is always present… always constant… always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment