Sunday, May 1, 2011

It’s like that saying

Do you believe in words? Do you believe that words have power?
Words can be uplifting or destroying. Imagine how you would feel if someone told you, you are beautiful. Being told you’re beautiful would make you feel so good and supreme that it would probably put an instant smile on your face. But let’s flip the scenario for a minute. Imagine how you would feel if someone told you, you are ugly. Being told you’re ugly would hurt; it would hurt to the core. If you shared that ugly story with someone who loved you, they would probably spend some time comforting you (hoping to lift your mood back up). Why? Because words spoken over us, about us, and through us, have energy and influence. I hope my beauty/ugly scenario brings an easy awakening to what I mean by: words have energy and influence.  It’s like that saying in Proverbs 15:4, “A gentle tongue brings healing.”
Your mind is always working. The mind takes in so many contexts. What you are always hearing, reading, saying, or watching is a form of meditation. Context is programming your mind if you realize it or not. It’s like that saying, if you hang out long enough at the barber shop, you’re bound to get a haircut. It’s so true. What you surround yourself with will eventually become your norm and standard…you’re choices and life will become a reflection of that surrounding.
But what if you don’t like your surrounding or you want to change? The good news is, change is possible, and re-programming can occur.
One great tool that I’ve discovered on my journey is affirmations. I believe in affirmations a great deal. The key to affirmations is to constantly keep up the practice. It’s like that saying, fake it till you make it; to me, affirmations are sort of like that….you speak victory over an area of your life until it manifest.  
I have broken down areas of life by category. In each category, I have a few pre-made affirmations that you can use. Give affirmations a real chance. Say these affirmations as often as you’d like through-out your day. Write the affirmations out on paper in your spare time. Look in the mirror and repeat these affirmations to yourself. If I don’t have affirmations that fit into a specific area of need for yourself, then feel free to create your own; just remember that affirmations are a statement as if the situation is already in place.  

Relationships:
·        I have healthy relationships
·        I have friends that love, nurture, and encourage me
·        I have peace in all relationships
·        My relationships are real and long lasting
·        God only puts me in healthy relationships
Prosperity:
·        I live in abundance
·        God supplies me for all of my needs
·        Everything I touch prospers
·        I’m rewarded for my hard work
·        He (God) will cause me to succeed in everything that I put my hand to" (Joshua 1:7)

Health:
·        I have perfect health
·        My body is whole
·        My health functions perfectly
·        God watches over my body
·        I have abundant energy and strength

Peace:
·        I am peace
·        I have peace in every situation
·        I am made of sound mind
·        I make peace with myself
·        I make peace with my past

Success:
·        I am successful
·        God opens only the right doors for me
·        God is my source and supplies all of my needs
·        God is promoting me
·        God rewards those who seek Him

Employment:
·        I love my job
·        I’m good at my job
·        I love going to work
·        Employment is easy to find because God directs my steps
·        God anoints my opportunities

Self Esteem:
·        I am worthy
·        I am designed with purpose
·        I am unique and one of a kind
·        God has wonderfully made me
·        God has given me special gifts and talents and is using me in a great way

It’s like that saying, save the best for last.
Love:
·        God loves me
·        I accept love
·        I’m loved unconditionally
·        Love is meant for me, always
·        I’m surrounded by love

It’s like that saying, love conquers all; if we use affirmations as a template for change….you will become a conquer… just like that saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment