Saturday, January 14, 2012

Thought Thinking Mind

If I was a Renewed Corner Reader,
what would I want to hear/read???
This is what I thought about today
as I prepared for today’s post.
The biggest suggestion I can offer that is worthy of reading and constantly repeating is:
Change your thought pattern
Changing your thought pattern that supports health, growth, healing, love, and acceptance is what will bring the most significant change in your life.
Whatever you focus your attention on grows. Start becoming aware of your thoughts; the first step: Awareness.
Once you are aware of something, that’s when you know how to alter it.
Change your thoughts by replacing old thought patterns with uplifting new ones. Get a few scriptures or affirmations ready so that you and your mind are ready to mediate on them for the day.
This is a great exercise for you and your thought thinking mind (an exercise I heard from an excellent life coach guru):
Ask yourself questions like:
What embarrasses you?
What are you most afraid of?
What is your fear?
What are you afraid people would find out about you?
Once you have the answers to these questions, take a look at them deeply. Your answers are stories that your mind keeps telling YOU over and over…even if you are not aware if it….aw, aware!
And we know that fear is not love, so these stories are lies, and we need to tell the truth about ourselves.
(I suggest you write your answers down and be honest…you can shred what you write so that you and God are the only ones who see your answers)
When you write your answer(s) down, right underneath that answer I want you to re-write your answer so that is reads the opposite to what you wrote. When you are answering questions about fear or guilt or whatever blocks you…realize that those are lies; re-writing them in the opposite form will help you know which strongholds in your mind you need to break. The new re-write is the truth and that re-write is what you need as your affirmation for the day(s).
Am I making myself clear? I hope so, but an example would not hurt.

For example, if I asked myself…

What am I afraid of?
Being alone and feeling rejected.
Re-write:
God is always with me. I am loved and accepted just as I am.

What am I afraid of?
People thinking I’m mean and hard to be around.
Re-write:
I’m nice and people like being around me.

Do my examples help? Take your answers or feelings and re-write them to form the “I AM” truth. Replace the old with the new and begin to be renewed!

No comments:

Post a Comment