Tuesday, March 6, 2012

In the Bank

Guess where I was the other day? In the bank.

Yep, smart me decided to run in the bank for a quick errand on national payday!

What time were you in the bank? Lunch time.

Yep, smart me decided to run in the bank for a quick errand during an hour where everyone tries to squeeze in some errand running.

Frankly, I didn’t think my situation through. When the shinny bank doors peeling open from the pull maneuver, I saw my afternoon fate…in the bank.

The rope line that swivels into a maze was filled with people; and I, the last one in line.

While standing in line, I had a lady standing in front of me and behind me. I said to the ladies, this is where our patience is developed. The women smiled and agreed by nodding their heads to the universal yes.

Life has many, in the bank moments. We are going to wait for something in our life (at some point). You may have to wait for a job to come through, a marriage to blossom, or a house with an affordable down payment; nonetheless, you will wait for something in life.

How are you going to wait? Are you going to wait frustrated and irritated, or peaceful and clam. Life is not about withholding from you or what seemingly feels like pushing against you. No. Life is designed to teach you.

Waiting in the bank is a small test. If I can pass the small tests, then hopefully I can handle bigger tests. Test scores are reflective to your level of trust. How so? Well, when you wait, you should be waiting with hope and expectance. When I’m in the bank, I know that my time will come for me to see a teller, so I can accomplish the task/reason I came in for; I just have to give it time.

What’s the best thing about being in the bank? I can see the progress of the line moving forward; I can see how close I am to the front of the line (for it to be my turn). I waited in the bank for 40 minutes. How silly would it have been for me to leave the bank (line) as soon as I got to the front of the line?

My point?

In life, you cannot see how close you are to a breakthrough or dream coming to pass, but this is where trust, faith, and patience come into play. Keep moving forward, just like the bank line. Don’t leave your dreams early, because you never know how close you are to your breakthrough.

The tellers had to work and hustle so that line would keep moving. I couldn’t see what the tellers where doing, but they were working. Think of our Lord in the same way, you don’t see what HE is up to in your life or how things are coming together, but know that HE is working to move you forward.

Stay in line.
Wait with expectance.
Be patient.
Know that the Lord is working!

Life can teach you all sorts of lessons, even when you’re in the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment