Thursday, April 26, 2012

Over the Shoulder


Our concerns can seem so big, so vast, so overwhelming, but are they really? Not to belittle anyone’s concerns, but sometimes what we think is so big, is a big ol’ vacation to someone else. Let me explain…

I was talking with this lady that was opening her heart to me and was willing to help me; when we spoke, she was gentle and understanding.
I babbled and rambled and let her know what was on my heart. When I was done talking, I felt such relief, because I felt as if someone was going to help me and cared.

When I babbled and rambled about my concerns, it never occurred to me that this lady was going through something as well. When this lady revealed her current cross, I felt so embarrassed. I felt embarrassed because this sweet woman is dealing with a major issue, and my concerns seemed to be ridiculous in comparison; this moment humbled me.

Yes, my concerns are valid, but so are hers and so are yours. When we fail to look over our shoulder from our own pains, we miss a chance to help, to heal, to encourage, and to put our own needs into perspective.
We all go through something; wouldn’t it be nice if someone looked over their shoulder, noticed you, and extended their hand.

In the middle of her cross, her big cross, she was still able to look over her shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment