Monday, May 14, 2012

Pennies from Heaven


Walking through a packed parking lot, a shiny penny caught my eye. Finding a faced-up penny is supposed to be a sign of good luck; Should I pick the penny up? I almost picked the penny up, but decided to forgo touching the dirty pavement and kept walking.

A day later, I decided to unwind with a nice long shower. When I stepped out of the shower, placing one foot on the floor mat, I noticed a shiny faced-up penny. Where did this shower penny come from? Do pennies really come from heaven?

I picked the penny up and looked at it closely…

I told you that story to tell you this story…

I’ve been waiting on God, lately. I am nervous about certain aspects of my life and wondering when and how things will come together. I have been waiting and trusting our Lord, because I clearly know that HIS timing is best, because HE knows what’s best. Another thing I know clearly is that our time table looks nothing like the Lord’s time table. I know that I am in a season for change, and change is not always a bad thing…in fact, we are built for change.

As I have been facing change and the coming of change, this also means that I am facing the unknown. The unknown can be the companion of change which equals nervousness.

So why am I seeing pennies? Why would a penny catch my eye? If I had picked up the parking lot penny, would I have found the shower penny? How did that penny even get on my floor mat?

So what did I find when I picked up the penny and examined it closely?

I found the advice that I would give any one of you who is facing uncertain times like me…

In God We Trust.

2 comments:

  1. I have been out of town for a week and was just "catching up" on the daily entries I had missed while away.

    I have so many times found comfort in those 4 words found on a penny. IN GOD WE TRUST...no matter how long we may wait for the answers to our prayers, or trusting Him that we will return home SAFELY, whether from some place far away or just the grocery store. Trusting God in EVERYTHING is the only way to live.

    You have been in my prayers, Elle. Have a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete