Friday, June 8, 2012

Broken Dreams



Broken Dreams

(A poem by an unknown author)

As children bring


their broken toys

With tears for us to mend,

I brought my broken dreams

to God

Because He was my Friend.

But then instead

of leaving Him

in peace to work alone,

I hung around

and tried to help

With ways that

that were my own.

At last I snatched them back

and cried,

"How can You be so slow?"

"My child," He said,

"What could I do?

You never did let go."



~Author Unknown





Happy Friday, Readers!
Broken Dreams is a poem that someone shared with me recently; I’ve never heard this poem before, have you? This poem speaks volumes to the way we try to handle our problems, concerns, and delayed dreams; we may initially take these things to our Lord, but do we REALLY let go?
I want to encourage all of you (and this includes myself) to take all problems, concerns, fears, and dreams, and give them to our Lord without taking them back to figure out on our own.
No dream can ever be truly broken, if you give it to the Lord to fix. Nothing is too damaged for our Lord. Nothing is too big for HIM. Rest in knowing, that the Lord already has an answer to your problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment