Friday, June 1, 2012

Returned Call


For the love of bees, what is going on out there??? That question came a couple of weeks ago as I looked outside my window into my backyard.

Let me set the scene for you…

It was lunch time and I was at home. My neighbor had their lawn service provider over as they normally are, maintaining their yard. I could hear the gardener working with his over-the-top loud equipment. Within a matter of seconds, bees were overtaking my backyard. The gardener (I presume) hit something, and when I say something, I mean a bee hive, which caused the great unleashing of bees.

If you’re anything like me, you don’t want to tango with bees. My only option at the time was to leave the house for an afternoon appointment and return to handle the bee situation.

When I returned home (around 6:00 pm) I tip-toed outside to see what happened to those swarming bees; there must have been thousands of bees grouping on one of my outdoor plants. My worst fear was that my neighbor was going to let me host the Queen B of bees. I knew I had a serious bee problem on my hand; I was on the hunt for a solution.

Thanks to the internet and Google searches, I was able to find a couple of g-r-e-a-t bee companies that handle such problems that I have going on in my backyard. The first company I found had this fantastic website with video demonstration and an A from the BBB (Better Business Bureau); P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

I called this company and l was forced to leave a voice message…and so I did. Know what else I did? I waited for them to return my call to set up an appointment. Did that returned call ever happen? No. That company never returned my call.

On to company number two. I found another local company that deals with bees; P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

I called company no. two and I was forced to leave a voice message…and so I did. Know what else I did? I waited for them to return my call to set up an appointment. Did that returned call ever happen? No. Company no. two never returned my call.

What’s with the calling déjà vu?

Later on I discovered that my local county and the agricultural department should be able to help me; By the time I received this nugget of information it was way past business hours…guess I would be calling in the morning…and that’s exactly what I did.

I called my local county department and they were P-E-R-F-E-C-T! They were able to give me names of people who handle bee problems AND there services are FREE!

The gentleman that I spoke with (early in the morning) set up an appointment with me and my bee problem for later in the day.

Lunch time comes back around and I go check on my grouped bees.

For the love of bees, what’s going on here? I find myself saying this once again! The thousands of bees that were finding rest on my outdoor plant were nowhere to be found. No bees in sight.

I called my bee guy back and talked to him about my lack of bees and he informed me how quickly bees can travel and move on. He said that the bees in my yard were most likely the bees from my neighbor, that there home was disrupted and they found a temporary home in my back yard…and now the bees are off to find a new permanent home. Needless to say, there was no need to keep the appointment; thank goodness for the smooth outcome.

I know this is a long post but there is purpose behind this situation…so please, keep reading as I explain why this bee story is relevant.

I saw this huge problem that needed service; like any service, people want to be paid for their services. So here I am, I have a problem that needs fixing fast and I have an unexpected expense.

Why didn’t company one call me back? Why didn’t company two call me back? I think it’s because God has my back. If either one of those companies had called, I would never have been led to the free services my county provides. What seemed like a hassle of the non-returned phone calls led to favor to my bank account. I can’t arrange people to not return calls or to arrange favor…but God can.

Within 24 hours my bee problem fixed itself. I didn’t have to arrange my schedule to meet with the bee keeper, I didn’t have to worry about the money, I didn’t have to worry about hosting the Queen B…everything just worked itself out on its own without my help.

This is a reminder of giving our problems over to the Lord. What seems big to us in the moment, could easily blow over if we just trust God to handle it; don’t get in your own way.

If there is a rejection or missed opportunity or an un-returned call…look at that as direction and favor. Remember, God sees the whole picture. God knew those bees were going to move on….so HE didn’t even waste my time or money.

God wants to be involved in every area of your life, even if it’s dealing with bees in your backyard.

Even when you don’t think God is working in your life, remember that HE is…

Remember that for when that person or company doesn’t give you that... returned call.

No comments:

Post a Comment