Thursday, February 17, 2011

Everyone

I acknowledge that I’m a woman made up of different gifts. There are some things that I know I can do really well. There are things that I’ve never tried, but once I ventured, I was surprised by the grace and ease of the task. I don’t know why I am good at certain things. Some may read the previous sentences and think I am quite full of myself.  If you are always playing yourself down and not acknowledging your gifts…who does that benefit? No one.
Everyone can be guilty of looking at others and the lives of others, and wish for their life, their beauty, their talent, their bank account, their marriage, their whatever. People flock to seminars and books, interviews and DVDs, to hear people share their secrets to success. Bookstores have whole sections dedicated to helping you find happiness, ways to success, motivation tools to guide you in achieving your goals. We search for magical answers to fulfillment, and question those who live in theirs.
Success is not a mystery, and it’s not something to envy on others. Everyone embodies some gift, some talent. God designs each one of us with abilities that help the world go round. You don’t need to look at everyone else and desire their gifts, because you have your own.
Peace, success, and fulfillment happen when you operate from your own gifts…not by trying to emulate someone else.
Find your gifts, use your gifts, and celebrate your gifts. Don’t play your gifts small; shine your talents. If you function in your gift, you might inspire someone to function in theirs…that’s true inspiration. And who does that benefit? Everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment