Thursday, July 14, 2011

Carry Through

I heard a question that I found to be very profound. I heard someone state this, but I will dig a little deeper, share my reflection, and paraphrase.

***********
We go through tough times. Everyone goes through something. Yesterday, I posted a quote that I really enjoyed. If you happened to miss that quote, and don’t want to lose your reading spot by scrolling down to view it….here it is again:
 “Don't compare your life with that of others! You don't know what their journey is all about. Focus on you!”
~ Denise Austin
Don’t compare is simple instructions, but can be hard to carry through.  We don’t know others journeys, and it would be silly to compare your journey to someone else.
Why is it silly?
Everyone is on a journey. We are human; that simply means that we are all flawed. We all make mistakes. We all have times of struggle and disappointments. We could all get together and share rejection stories. We all have a cross to carry.
You may view someone as having it all, but understand that God is a good God. God will bless you too. You don’t know the trials or crosses that person had to endure before God promoted them. Someone could look at you in there period of wait and want what you have; not even realizing you had your own wait period.
Focus on your life, and what God wants to do with you. Lean on God. Trust God. Again, this is simple instructions, but sometimes hard to carry through. I encourage you to carry through, because God is always faithful.
The next time you get in comparing mode, or you get worried and upset…
Ask yourself this to help carry you through:

Am I going to let God see me discouraged?
Or
Am I going to let God see me trusting?

No comments:

Post a Comment