Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Let There Be Light

The dark fearful nights freeze action. Which way do I go? What will I stumble over? How will I find my way? Psalm 18:28, “You light a lamp for me. The LORD, my God, lights up my darkness.” For it is fear that creates my darkness. For fear is the master of ruining my sense of direction and causes my disorientation. My Lord lights my pathway. Fear is the master at ruining my emotions and feelings. Fear is goaled at stealing every inch of my peace, happiness, and personal progress. Fear whispers in my ear for distraction. But I must remember that the Lord is always with me. I will not entertain fear. For I know that fear will come, but I have the ability to not amuse its whispers. I call fear for what it truly is…a liar. Fear hates me and wants to torment me, but “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1.
Fear is not my comforter or my friend. I will renew my mind daily and focus my thoughts upon the Lord.  “For you are all sons of light and sons of the day; we do not belong either to the night or to darkness.”   1 Thessalonians 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment