Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sign Here


If you waited to feel better about yourself through someone else’s approval or appreciation, then you could be waiting a long time. Why? Because you cannot make everyone you meet happy. People can be encouraging and fun, but they can also be fickle and moody; don’t place your worth or sense of value on how people treat you. For example, have you ever met up with someone who was just plain awful to deal with, but then later realized that they were going through something deeply personal? We can take on so much pain, when in reality, it has nothing to do with us.

Our world has such a lack of self worth, self respect, and self love. Even the flashiest of egos who claim to love themselves really don’t love themselves…why else would they try so hard.

We place too much control in other people’s hands when it comes to our worth, our respect, and our value; It’s time to take back the control we place in other people.

Start respecting yourself. Don’t let things or people define you. Don’t wait to start feeling better about yourself. Keep reminding yourself that you are here with a purpose.

A long time ago, I found a contract on self care. I do not know where I found this, and I do not know who it was written by…but it is too good not to share.

Print this contract out and sign it. Sign this contract with the intent to follow it’s instructions to the letter. If you’ve been waiting for appreciation, approval, or respect…wait no longer…
 
 
 
"I, (insert your name),
Do solemnly swear
To love, honor and obey my Soul.
To love and accept myself completely
To live in peace and calmness
To take care of myself and to always know I’m made worthy
To always have a strong relationship with God and myself
for better or worse,
for richer or poorer,
in sickness and in health,
from now and forever more."
 
X__________________________
(sign here)

No comments:

Post a Comment