Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gentleman

Romantic movies are so….um, romantic. The dance between to loves can be encouraging because you’re expecting the happy ending no matter what their journey was. Real love always finds a way, because when there’s a will there’s a way.

The best love story is the one between you and heaven. Heaven is all love. Heaven is full of grace and mercy, forgiveness and blessings, love and understanding. Heaven sees you. Heaven hears you. Heaven is simply cheering you on from every angle of your life. But, I’ve learned how gentle heaven is. God is so good to me, that he never pushes me to be something that I’m not; he loves and accepts me just as I am. Heaven is always working with me to help me get better, and they do this step by step, little by little, glory by glory.
If I want to get better in all areas of my life, then I have to get serious about my relationship with God. God is a gentleman and he is not going to force me to pray to him or read my bible or go to church or respond to life’s situations in love. God is always there, but I have to do my part too. What if you had a friend that only came to you when they were in trouble or got upset and didn’t know what else to do or who else to turn to? How many people do that with God? Don’t just go to God for sorrow, but go to him for joy and with joy too. Always go to God for everything.
God is not harsh, instead he is all love. If I work with God, then I know he is happy with me, even if I’m not doing everything right…he sees me trying and he sees me making the effort to do better.
If I’m working on godly things like love, patience, forgives or acceptance, then I know that my foundation in God is getting strong. You need a good foundation because that’s going to help you make it through life when situations you don’t like fall upon you. If you really know who you are in ugly life situations, you will come out victorious because God works all things together for your good and his glory. Get strong before the storm. Don’t wait for storms to make you reach out for Gods help, he always wants to help you…and it’s never too late for his help…even if your find yourself in the eye of the storm. The storms of life are there as teachers to help us get better, but think how much easier the storm would be and how much faster we’d move through the storms if we are grounded in God. To be grounded in God you need to know God. You know God by saying Godly things, reading what the bible says, praying to God.
If we had a miracle for every trial…then we would never really grow, because when the next trial came, we would then need yet another miracle. Miracles are wonderful, and God does and can perform miracles, but God also wants you to be strong and grow, and he wants you to be in a relationship with him, and that you can face all things with him by your side.
A true gentleman is elegant and patient. A gentleman should make you feel like you are important and valuable. A true gentleman is soft spoken and caring. Be the star in your own romantic movie! And let the leading man be Gentle!

No comments:

Post a Comment