Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Flipping

I understand that it is important to be thankful. But recently I’ve grown to have an even deeper understanding of thankfulness. I’ve read that your mind cannot hold a positive and negative thought at the same time; I’ve put it to the test and found this to be true. If I start to get upset or feel some fear or doubt creeping its way into my pea brain, I stop and remember what I’ve learned. If my brain can’t handle negative and positive thoughts at once, I simply flip it. Flip it? Yes. For example, if I catch myself upset then I instantly start saying things that I am thankful for. When I flip it, I start to notice a shift in my presence. There are times when the flip has to sink in a bit, but it is well worth the time and effort. If I can flip my outcome sooner than later, I’m all for it! Make a list of all the things you’re thankful for. Making a daily thankful list is a great way to keep yourself grounded and humble, but it is also a great way to have things already in place for when you need an instant flip. Keep repeating your list until you flip yourself into the enjoyable day you’re meant to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment