Monday, November 1, 2010

Shopping

I had a shopping experience that I often think about and would like to pass the story on to you. I was shopping with someone and they were standing in line for the register. I was not purchasing anything, so I decided to step aside and look at some of the fun items around me. I moved out of the line, because it was a little busy, and it was my way of making the line feel less crowded.
A stranger lady was standing next to me waiting for the cashier lady to address her needs. The stranger lady was standing next to me and I observed that she was a little annoyed to wait.
I said to her as cutely as I could, ‘are you exercising your patience?’
She replied cutely, ‘no, she’s exercising my patience!’
I just smiled and went about my in-store browsing. But what I was thinking was, ‘you missed my point, stranger lady.’
In that moment, the cashier was busy and it caused the stranger lady to wait. There was nothing to do but wait. It’s in small disguise moments, that you learn how to love, listen, forgive, encourage or in this case be patient. This was an exercise moment that the stranger lady couldn’t recognize. Recognize your moments. Open your eyes to  what’s going on around you and be mindful of the lessons that come with each experience….

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely correct - patience is a virtue that we all could improve on. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete