Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wait

There are events in our lives that we want now. There’s the must have, gotta have, dream to have situations. We want to get married. We want to be popular. We want to get promoted. We want the perfect job. We want to live in the house of our dreams on our favorite street. We want…well, you get the point.

Why do we make ourselves go stir crazy for the things we want, especially if we want it now? Wait. Is that the answer that follows the question? Yes. We have to wait. Waiting is not a bad thing, because waiting can build character. Sometimes when we get something fast, we tend to lose a scene of appreciation for it. If there is something that you’ve been wanting and praying for, don’t give up; just wait for God and his timing to bring it into your life. Trust God with your request and when he wants to bring it into your life.

For example, it’s hard to be lonely. But I’d rather be alone and wait for God to bring the right kind of people who he knows will be beneficial in my life. It’s hard to see others get promoted when you’ve been wanting increase. I’d rather wait on God to bring me promotion because he knows the type of promotion that will be most stable for me in my life. God has a way of working everything out. You’re situation can change for the better in an instant. But isn’t waiting and my situation can change in an instant a contradiction? No. If you are waiting and trusting God, then that waiting is building strength, trust, faith, and appreciation in you, and when God has worked everything out….wham, instant increase.  God is amazing, and I want you to get excited about your life. Have bold prayers. Trust God. Wait for your breakthroughs because your breakthroughs are tailor made for you; so wait for the finishing touches God is putting on your breakthrough.

Do your best and trust that everything is okay, because it is. Expect God to come through for you; I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. Elle, I love this post!! It's not easy but boy the rewards are always magnificent!!! I am in my waiting period now when it comes to my career and marriage but I'm so excited to see what God has instore for me! I know that I have to keep thanking Him in advance for my blessings and remain positive and faithful! His timing is the best timing, He goes before us and prepare the perfect future for us and I wouldn't have it any other way!! Wait on Him...you'll be grateful you did!!

    ReplyDelete