Thursday, August 4, 2011

From the ♥

I was praying. I was praying in the kitchen. My prayer sounded so robotic. I spewed my prayer off, telling God all the things I’ve been seeking and waiting on; it was obvious that I’ve said this prayer…repeatedly!
Yes, we are to ask God for what we want. The bible tells us in Luke 11:9, “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
But…and this is a big but…
But, as I walked deeper into the kitchen, the Lord spoke to me. Deep down in my heart, I heard the Lord say, in so many words, “why don’t you just pray from your heart.”
I froze in my tracks and obeyed. I rephrased my detailed prayer into a heartfelt package, tailoring it into one simple sentence.
Even if you have prayed a million times for something, learn from my teaching. God knows. God knows everything. HE knows your wants and needs, your strength and weaknesses.
So remember, when you talk to the Lord, be sincerely simple and pray from the ♥.

2 comments: