Saturday, August 6, 2011

When Everything Comes Together

Have you ever attended a church service where you felt it was tailor made for your soul? That was my experience. As I listened to the preacher, I knew God was schooling me on the meaning of (what else) waiting. Yes, I have been dealing with waiting issues. I’m human, and I get frustrated with the process of God’s timing. Even though I know God’s outcome is the best, and if I want God’s results, then I need to wait; I need to let God work in order for everything to come together properly.
 Inspiration flowed to me as I listened to a church service, and I had to share this with my readers. I hope this breakdown on waiting helps you, as it helped me.
Waiting is defined by my online dictionary (and I paraphrase) as an inactive response as one waits for something expected to occur, and to enthusiastically look forward to something.
Waiting should not feel like a dark cloud looming over your head. Waiting should be held with anticipation; the anticipation that something good is happening and is coming.
Waiting should not be inactive like the dictionary says. Waiting is actually a very (VERY) spiritually active time in your life. You spiritually wait…what does that mean? It means you let God work. It means you pray and give thanks. It means you remind God of HIS promises. It means you expect God to follow through on this promises. It means you look for God, you seek God, and you trust God. It means you keep your focus on God. It means you keep your hope strong. It means you physically rest in God as HE works on your situation. It means you stretch your faith.
How easy is it to stretch your faith once you receive a breakthrough? There is no stretching once you receive…because it’s all about thanks at that point.
Your breakthrough is a result of something we don’t see. Your breakthrough is the result of the spiritual world working. If you’re praying, then God is working; you can’t necessarily see that working process until everything comes together and manifests your breakthrough.
Lamentations 3:25
“The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to anyone who seeks help from him.”

When we wait properly…that’s when…
everything will come together!

2 comments:

  1. When receiving spiritual encouragement, it has always meant a great deal to me when that someone shares their life trials as well, especially someone of obvious great faith - like yourself. It just makes my own trials that much easier to handle when I see, hear or read that others whom have been so spiritually uplifting to me are, at the same time, dealing with many of the same issues I do.
    While it is my personal belief that all believers share many of the same trials, there are times when those persons never share their "human" side of everyday life. I guess it's my own selfishness speaking when I say it makes me FEEL better to know I am not alone and they are being completely honest by sharing BOTH sides.
    To say one believes can really be kinda easy at times, but it's putting it into action and living the everyday life that is sometimes so hard.
    So...thanks for being "real" ALL the time, Elle! :D Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    I’m human, I struggle, and I have crosses to deal with- like everyone else, but my strong faith helps me…because my faith lets me know that my struggles make me better.

    My writing comes from my experiences, and I am happy to share my experiences for the greater good…which is to bring comfort and hope to my readers! And trust me, I need to read my blog just as much as my readers:) !!!

    We’re all in this big world together, Jerry…and we’re going to make it!!!

    ReplyDelete