Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Friend? Or Foe?

Friendships are important…but to what degree? I’ve noticed how everyone seems to have a cell phone, and everyone is on their cell phone. Have you ever wondered who everyone was talking to? I’m hardly on the phone, so maybe I have the time to notice everyone’s conversations. Some people seem to be talking to boyfriends or girlfriends, their friends, and even the occasional co-worker or boss. We are surrounded by people and engaging in conversation with others, but how do you know if the people on the other end is a real friend or a body with a lending ear.

I heard that everyone you meet is by divine assignment. Everyone you meet is there to help teach you something. I like the concept of that, because life is always there to make you grow and mature, if you open your eyes for the opportunities. Is that person a real friend or is that person in your life to teach you something; A teacher in friends clothing. Either way, lessons are to be learned in both friends and foes.

Friends should make you feel good about yourself. A real friend is there for you in all areas of your life. A foe friend is the one in your corner when your corner happens to be of winning success. A foe friend likes to gossip to you (and probably about you) and never considers your feelings. There are countless examples of friends or foes; you can probably list a few personal experiences.

I’ve learned that God is the best at picking my friends for me. God knows everything, and he knows who has the right heart to be called a friend of mine, and he has that for you too.

I’ve learned that it’s okay to have few friends, as long as they are true. True friends come and go, but the one friendship that I can always count on is God. God can give us favor with people and can soften people’s heart towards us. It’s great to have earthly friends, but if I only had God and my heavenly family as friends, then I know I have a great support team on my side.

Think about what real friends should be like, look like, act like and sound like. Not only should you think about the quality of friends you have in your life, but think about the quality of friendship you bring to your friends.

God is our friend, he’s always in our corner, and he’s always there to talk to…no cell phone plan required.



No comments:

Post a Comment