Monday, January 3, 2011

Hungry?


With the holidays just finishing up, many of us can confess that we ate too much. As I type this with a way too full holiday stuffed tummy…I start to reflect on hunger.
We may stuff our faces with a holiday buffet, but have you ever stopped to think what you are really hungry for? Now, this is not a recipe question. This is not a, let me browse the menu to my favorite restaurant question. This isn’t even a question related to food.
What are you hungry for? What are you hungry for in your life? What do you crave? What are you thirsty for? What is it that will feed you, so you feel satisfied?
Reflect on this for a moment?  How would you feel if you were full? How would your life look?
Sometimes we chase things, titles, experiences, thinking that will fill us up, but the reality of it is…they do not.
What do I know?  God did not leave us earthly peace, but his peace.
Everything you are searching for can be found in the comfort of knowing God and following him.
John 14: 27 “Peace I leave you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
Rest in God. Rest your loneliness in him. Rest your sadness in him. Rest your worries in him. Let God fill your heart. Let God love you into wholeness. Feed yourself on God’s promises.
Reflect, as I go grab a tums!

No comments:

Post a Comment