Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January

I heard a question, “What’s the best part about January?”
Truth be told, people who answered did not give good responses. Some people think there is nothing good about January, because the holidays are over and there is nothing exciting to do this month. But isn’t this is the month that we reflect, set goals and resolutions? How can growth and improvement be nothing? Poor January, maybe one is the loneliest number.
January is a month of…hope.
Don’t you feel inspired and lightweight at the beginning of this new month to a new year. This month sparks hope and wonder of great things to come. People are wishing you many blessings for the upcoming year (I’ll take all the blessed wishes I can get).
 January is a month of…new beginnings.
Who doesn’t like the thought of having a new beginning? It can be adventurous and exciting. No matter how last year looked, January washes it clean with an attitude of expectancy.
Hope and new beginnings is spread so thick in the air, you could cut it with a knife. If only this optimism stayed in our hearts all year long; it will if we personally allow it. These feelings should be stirred up every day, because every day is a gift, every day is a new beginning.
"I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's." – Henry Moore
January is not nothing…it’s epic. What does January say to you? I think it’s early enough in the month for the question to have a do-over.
The best part about January, is the unknown beginning to a new chapter in my life. That doesn’t sound like nothing to me.

1 comment:

  1. How this hits home with me. During the last several years of my late husband's illness and life both he and I (I think we were co-dependents in this negative feeling) had come to absolutely HATE winter. Phew! HATE - what a strong word, but it was so true. Last January was my first since his death. I must admit while I was deep in grief, come January 2010 I was blessed with tiny peeks of excitment for a new year that somehow found their way into my life amid that dark place. This January - even better! All through the holidays I have been waiting in anticipation for January to begin. And it is just as you say...HOPE, NEW beginnings and a fresh start into a new chapter! Thanks to God, I see January like never before and it gives me great hope of the year to come! And thanks to you for posting your message of hope! Jerry

    ReplyDelete