Sunday, January 2, 2011

Look for the Small

I think we get lost in BIG experiences. We want BIG breakthroughs, BIG miracles, BIG rewards. We’ll stretch our ear like a chia pet to hear someone’s BIG testimony, hoping it will ignite our faith.
God can do BIG things…absolutely! Don’t just live for the BIGGIES in life. There are so many wonderfully small insights and blessings that God wants you to pay attention to and enjoy. God is so in control, that sadly we forget his magnitude. He has your best interest at heart. God wants the best for you. God really does have the best plan for your life. God has designed you with purpose and a divine plan.
I have had two small experiences recently that God used to remind me how good he is…even in the little things. In both experiences, I had to wait. The two experiences had nothing to do with one another, but they produced the same outcome: God is good.
I was educating myself in both situations, so I could make good decisions….that took time.
I was meeting with people…that took time.
I was waiting for people to come back from vacation…that took up time.
I was put on hold because of the holidays…that took time.
All of a sudden, I was shown the beauty in the waiting. My waiting seemed out of my control, but that’s only because God is the one in control. God arranged all that waiting time so that I could get the best outcome. The first situation turned out better that I could imagine. If I had gone through with the deal in the second situation, just two weeks earlier…I would have missed an even better deal.
It’s a reminder that God does care about every detail of your life. You don’t always have to wait for the BIGGIES in life to start enjoying it. Look for the little ways God is helping you out, and arranging things in your favor.
God is good. When is God good? All the time. You’ll see his hand helping you…just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment