Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Don’t Do That

You pray how many times a day???
What! I don’t do that.
How long can you stay in mediation???
What! I don’t do that.
You go to church service every day???
What! I don’t do that.
You read your bible every day???
What! I don’t do that.

Have you ever heard someone give glowing reviews over their prayer life? You hear someone talk and boost about their religious endeavors and all you seem to do is compare yourself to them. Most comparisons leave you saying, “what, I don’t do that…” Well, you may not say it, but you at least think it.
 It’s best to go at your own pace with God. Don’t feel like you have to compare your walk with someone else’s walk. God wants to have an intimate relationship with you. God wants to talk with you and direct you. Don’t think that your time spent with God is invaluable because you don’t do it the same way someone else does.
Don’t let others guilt you into thinking your efforts with God are not up to par. Make an honest effort to get to know God; baby steps are okay. If your mind is making you feel guilty over the level of intimacy you're at with the Lord or you're comparing your walk against others, tell your mind, nope…I don’t do that!

2 comments:

  1. I was reading Victoria's post and here I am reading your blog. I believe that God has led me to your blog because what you wrote is exactly what I needed and I can feel that He was speaking to me through your blog. I believe that God uses people, includes you, to reach out and encourage His people. I recently read Luke 17:10, and I hope this verse will bless you as well. Keep a humble heart, Elle, may God always bless you and lead you...
    "No eyes has seen, no ears has heard, and no mind has ever conceived, what the Lord has prepared for those who love Him."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad you found my blog, and that the Lord helped speak to you through it. Victoria is beautiful! Thank you for leaving me the comment. Your scripture is exactly what I needed to read…thank you. Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete