Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rhythmic Chat Part Dos

Positive feedback is music to our little human ears. We all want to be hold how well everything is going. We want to be told that everything is all right. We want praise.
There seems to be a seeking need of validation when we speak to someone. Did the other person really hear what I was saying? Do they understand me? Do my feelings matter? Do they agree with me?
Prayer is the best place for expressing all of your thoughts and emotions. God already validates everything about you. God understands everything. Pray with an open heart, knowing that you don’t have to explain or defend yourself, because He understands.
Having said all that…
When you have such open chats, be as open to the answers God is wanting to send you.
What does this mean?
If you’re only open to the sugary-sweet, everything is alright messages, then you’re missing out on becoming all God wants you to be. God wants you to come up higher and higher, which means you have to be as open to the bitterly-tart messages as well.
If God is telling me something that is hard to hear, I know it’s only because He loves me. If God is telling me to forgive, then I need to listen to that. I need to forgive. Why? Because it’s for my own good. It may not be easy to forgive, but if God is telling me this, then I know that somewhere in the overall big picture, it is to my benefit to forgive (not just for the other person, but for me).
I heard a man tell his story about smoking. In this day of age, we all now know, smoking is horrible for your health. He had an amazing story to tell (which is much too long to explain) about how Jesus came to him and told him to stop smoking, and how it was a false sense of relaxation. I mention this because it demonstrates Gods love for us, and we need to obey when he talks.
Jesus does not want us to get any kind of validation, peace, relaxation, or worth from outside forces; we find it in Him. HE is true and real while other vices (like smoking) are smoke and mirrors; they are false. Plus, Jesus does not want Him to smoke, because it’s harming him; the message to quit is in his best interest. I’ve never smoked, but I hear how hard it is to stop the habit. I’m sure this man had to face tough days quitting. Did the man obey? He’d be a fool not to listen to Jesus. HE wants this man to come to him for comfort and relaxation, and HE is looking out for his heath; God cares about it all.
God will give you messages of love. Sometimes love also comes in the form of correction.
Now we have an uno, and a dos… will I have enough to say in a tres???

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes you will - I can tell...you're not through with this subject yet! :-D And I am waiting for Tres! Thank you for your amazing words that continue to not only inspire, but really make me stop and think about this subject. Once again...listening for God, whether answers to prayer or direction is something I have been struggling with of late and shouldn't I know -- I come here and...here it is! Thank you for taking the time to put it out there for me and anyone else that is lucky enough to have found this blog.

    ReplyDelete