Monday, March 14, 2011

Sentence by Sentence


“Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]” — John 14:27
The first and second sentence says:
Peace I leave you; My own peace I now give…
This says that you have peace. That is worth repeating. You have peace. If you are wondering where your peace is, then it’s probably a reflection of how often you use and practice peace, because you do have it!
Whose peace do we have? My own…” “Not as the world gives…
The third sentence brings revelation. Us humans feel like peace comes when everything is smooth-sailing. We can get earthly peace from a secure job, after a full meal, or in the midst of a vacation, but this is false peace. That is worth repeating. Earthly peace is false peace. Why is earthly peace false peace? Because everything earthly is subject to change.  Your job can change, food may run out, or maybe you can’t afford that vacation this year. Peace is available all the time if you take it from the Lord, because the Lord is the only thing that does not change. Whatever your day brings, know that peace is continually available to you. God is continually available to you.
If our peace comes from God and not earthly circumstances, then our bodies and minds can be at peace. If you’re at peace, you’re more likely to enjoy yourself, which in turn, means you can enjoy your life.
I am in love with the fourth sentence:
Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid! Don’t allow it. This tells me that I have control over my emotions. This tells me that when I feel fear, I don’t have to entertain it. It goes on to say: stop allowing yourself to be disturbed. YES!!!! Jackpot!!!! That is worth repeating. Stop allowing it. We do not have to think, dwell, and allow fear and negativity to bring us down into the low levels of unsettledness or coward-ness… as the scripture states.
Today’s Lessons:
  • We have peace.
  • Stop allowing the fear to be in your heart.
  • We can control our attitude.
Put this scripture in motion…
Sentence by Sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment