Monday, March 28, 2011

Lent

We’re in Lent! How are you holding up on your give-up or start-up lent habit? I’m doing pretty good on my give up…but then again, we are still in the early stages of lent.  Lent is such a special, valuable, and meaningful time for Christians. I want to take a moment and talk to you about lent, and what it means to me. My hope is to give you some extra insight into our lent season. Yes, I said extra insight, because I will not be talking about the traditional…he died for our sins message.
When Jesus was on earth, in his earth body, he knew the cross he had to carry. As time approached for him to carry the cross, that led to his death, he told the disciples and people that he was going to get quiet; He explains this in John 14: 27&30.
Jesus knew that he was coming into this difficult period, this enormous amount of pressure, and the first thing that we can all learn is the fact that, Jesus became quiet. When I reflect over my own life, I have had too many experiences where I get upset, I get confused, I feel frustrated, and all I seemed to do was run to someone for comfort, insight, answers, and peace. I feel that there are some problems in life that you must turn to someone for help and guidance. However, for most of our problems and concerns, we need to follow Jesus and his example; we need to find the silence. Sometimes we face a problem and all we start to do is complain, grown, and say hurtful things what we later wish to take back. Again, we need to follow Jesus and his example; we need to find the silence.
Jesus went to the top of the mountain to spend time with his father. Jesus who is so pure and good…needed to spend time with God. This tells me that if Jesus had to spent time with God, so do I!!!
Did you know that Jesus got so nervous about the cross that he sweated blood! Now, I know I have had nerves and anxious feelings, but never so bad that I sweated blood. This makes me feel so bad for Jesus, but it also makes me feel like he completely understands me when I go to him with scared feelings. He understands because he’s been there too.
We live in a broken world. Nobody is perfect. We all have problems. We all have a cross to carry. But we have to look up. Look up. Find your strength in Jesus. What did Jesus do…he picked up his cross, and he walked. That is what we need to do too. When there is a cross in our life, we pick that cross up and walk.
Jesus died for us. The least we can do is hold our head up high, know everything is alright, and most importantly, know you are loved.  You are so loved, that God gave the world his only son.  

No comments:

Post a Comment