Thursday, October 20, 2011

Got Questions?

My motivation to move you forward has motivated a reader to ask me some pretty important questions.

Naturally, I want to help! From a comment to a post…here we go…

·        How do you keep moving forward?
·        How do you keep from comparing your life to others and not get down?
·        What is your reassurance that reassures you that you will get the break in life you know you are promised?

To Move

There must be a marriage between faith and trust; they cannot be divorced from one another. Moving forward is another way to say: Look forward and not backwards at your life. When we look backwards, it slows us down…just ask any runner. We tend to question and over-analyze things from our past. We
cannot change the past. We cannot un-do the past. So why keep focusing on something that is out of your control? What you have control over is your attitude. Are you going to continue to dwell in the past OR are you going to learn from your past and move forward? Look at your hand. Clench your hand into a fist. Think of yourself as the clenched fist. You’re tight, holding on, and tense! That is what it is like when we try to control or when we are fighting for our timing or when we are holding on to the past. Now release your hand and open it up. You’re only truly able to receive from the Lord…when your hand is open; He has space (your palm) to place the new thing HE is wanting you to have. How can you receive something if your hands are clenched? You want to be moving toward something that is in front of you. None of us know what that something is, because only God sees the BIG picture and knows what’s to come…and that is where the faith and trust come into play. You have to trust and believe that your something is going to be good, because God is good.

Ephesians 3:20

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”

Romans 8:28
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

 
Move forward with a positive attitude. Move forward by stop looking back. Move forward by letting go and being open to receive. Move forward by staying in God’s word and HIS promises. Do what the Lord says in Philippians 4:8, so that you’re rooted with a strong spiritual and mental foundation to carry you on your journey…

“…whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.”


To Compare

"If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise."
 ~ Johann von Goethe

When we see someone who seems to have everything we want, what we’ve been waiting and praying for…

It’s real easy to say, why not me? It’s real easy to wonder if you’re going to have your lucky break. It’s easy to think nothing is ever going to change. It’s easy to ask God, when? It’s easy to ask God, how is this going to happen? I have found myself even saying to God a time or two…What did they do or say to get that-What am I doing wrong?

The “it’s real easy” stuff…is a lie to take your eyes off the Lord. When we compare, the underlining thought is…Where’s the special plan for my life? Again, more lies.

We are ALL designed with a unique purpose and plan. The truth is…God DOES have a special plan for your life. God knows the beginning from the end…nothing is a surprise to HIM. Set-backs  are really divine ordered steps set in place before you were even born. When things seem to be going wrong, in reality, things are going right. Wrongs doors must close in order for the right doors to open. Be thankful for when something closes, because it ultimately means protection. Why would you want to be somewhere, where you don’t belong?

Instead of focusing on what’s going wrong or what’s not happening just yet in your life, focus on what you do have. Everyone goes through trials. Everyone. Don’t compare yourself to others, because you never know what someone goes through. You never know what trial or set back occurred before their success…all you see is their success. You never know what trail someone might face in the future. If it’s success now or success later, the bottom line is…we all go through trials; it’s part of the human experience. God is with them just like HE is with you. Next time you see someone that you start comparing yourself against, remind yourself that if God did it for them, then HE will do it for you too.

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."~ Judy Garland

Philippians 4:6
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”

To Reassure

What is your reassurance that reassures you that you will get the break in life you know you are promised?

It’s through my experience with the Lord that gives me reassurance. It’s knowing and continuing to learn about the Character of our Lord that gives me reassurance. It’s remembering the times the Lord fulfilled promises, and keeping that spark alive for future promises.

Every promise in the Bible is for you and I. Every promise. God is all love. God is good. If God promises you something, then you know it’s going to happen, because to know God, is to know that HE is not a liar.

Numbers 23:19

“God is not like people. He tells no lies. He is not like humans. He doesn't change his mind. When he says something, he does it. When he makes a promise, he keeps it.”

If I am not getting something that I feel has been promised to me, then I would conclude that it’s not the right time. God is at work all the time. Everything has a divine order to them. When God is working in our lives to prepare us for that promise, keep in mind that HE is also arranging and preparing the other people who will be involved in the situation. Don’t get anxious about the when’s of life. When things happen, let them happen in God’s anointed time…because that is when you will experience grace and protection; HE knows what’s best for you.
Knowing God loves me and Knowing God’s character is what gives me reassurance.

“Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?”
~Luke 12:25

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
~1 Peter 5:7

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

In Closing

I want to tell all of you that I understand. I’m able to give advice because God has been teaching me so much through my own life, my own experiences, that HE is now helping me to help you.

The Lord has stripped me of everything, in order to show me that HE is my everything. HE also showed me an example of a butterfly.

A caterpillar goes into their cocoon, hidden from the outside world. The caterpillar goes through such a transformation in the cocoon…once the transformation is complete, it breaks free…it’s able to fly in complete freedom and is admired for its beauty.

Let God transform you. Keep stretching, reflecting, and hoping. Think positive, say what is positive, and believe what is positive.

1Peter5:10
“In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.”

Now that’s a scripture you can carry on your butterfly wings!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post this was! I am thankful to the reader that asked the questions and your magnificent answers, Elle! There is no way your words could be so meaningful if they were not truly God inspired.
    So many people could benefit from this blog and my hope is there are many more that are following and reading than those that comment. I, alone, try to share with others often because I can't think of anyone that I know that would not benefit, especially those that are struggling more deeply than others.
    I also truly appreciate when you share personal implications with us about your own trials. I always find great comfort in someone personally sharing their trials as then I truly know I am not alone in mine.
    This blog gets more amazing with each entry and new subject, simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much Elle. I needed every word of that.
    Im gonna copy and save that one.

    -Casey

    ReplyDelete