Thursday, October 13, 2011

Stations of the Cross: 10


Stations of the Cross

Station Ten:

Jesus is Stripped of His Garments

We are living in a time where our economy is in a downward spiral; we are literally being stripped of many things: Job security (whatever that is), homes, vacations, fancy dinners, limited Christmas gifts and celebratory parties…the list keeps stretching.


I’ve been stripped. The lord has taken things away from me…things that I really cared about. The Lord has stripped me and caused me to go inward to find a truer source of fulfillment: HIM.


Stripping is just a momentary problem. Don’t feel discouraged if you have been stripped or you feel like nothing is going you way, in fact, everything is working in your favor. Sometimes things have to fall into ruin so that a great rebuild can take place; Focusing on the Lord will cause the next rebuild to have a strong and stable foundation.


The Lord told me that HE stripped me of things so that I may see that HE is truly my everything. The message holds true for you too.


The Lord is our provider. Material things may come and go, but the Lord is our provider, our source, our love, our everything.


I’m sure our Lord faced great humiliation in that moment of being stripped. I can remember feeling embarrassed when someone asked me how everything was going during my stripped period. But in that moment, you must realize that God is working. You never know when the Lord will turn your situation around…and HE will turn things around. You don’t need to always justify yourself or your situation to someone else; stay confident that God is doing a good work in you, and that the stripping is producing the greatest love and come-back story.


Remember that the Lord is the source to ALL of your needs; ask HIM for help (even outside the realm of material possessions).


We must also strip off all things that are weighting down our hearts. We must strip away
un-forgiveness, impatience, doubt, fear, worry, and anxiety.

Our Lord is our:


Jehova-Jireh: Lord Provider
Jehovah-Nissi:  Lord, Banner of Victory
Jehovah-Shalom: Lord of Peace and Wholeness
Jehovah-Rohi:  Lord my Shepherd
Jehovah-Tsidkenu: Lord my Righteousness
Jehovah-Rophe: The Lord that Heals and Restores


Scriptures:


“And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work” 2 Corinthians 8:9


“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” ~ John 14:27


Hebrews 12: 1-2


1 “Therefore then, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance (unnecessary weight) and that sin which so readily (deftly and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us,


 2Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment